Saturday, February 6, 2010

Has anyone seen my camera?

Literally, I can't find it. So frustrating. I was actually going to use it last night. I know, right?

Maddox is almost 17 pounds now! I seriously can't believe it! They told us he'd probably be little forever and would have a hard time gaining weight. I can thank the good chunky baby making genes for that one. Remember how big Bailee was? No? Well before she hit 9 months she was 20 lbs. and she outgrew her infant seat. She was always 95% or off the charts on everything, not just weight. Anyways, Maddox is growing well and I'm grateful.

He LOVES sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas. Will not touch Bananas (he actually gags any time I try and feed him bananas), Peaches, Pears. Will sometimes eat Applesauce, but only the stuff that we made this fall. Doesn't like rice cereal or oatmeal, even with apple juice mixed in. But seriously, give him a veggie and he downs it. Crazy kid. Maddox is drooling about 30 gallons of water an hour, soaks through his clothes, blankets, mommy's clothes. I'm certain he's teething but still hasn't actually cut a tooth. If I were nursing, I'd totally be loving that. He's trying to sit up, hates tummy time, loves his johnny jumper. When I put him on his tummy he pushes with his legs but hasn't yet figured out to push up on his arms. This causes him to rub his face in the ground and let's face it, that's never fun.

Maddox and Bailee ADORE each other. Seriously. If he's asleep she's going in his room all the time to see if he's awake so they can play. When Bailee comes into Maddox's sight, he LIGHTS up. It's so cute. No one can make Maddox smile and giggle like Bailee can. And when she's having a hard time little brother is right there to cheer her up. It can't last forever, though I hope it does, so we'll enjoy it while it does last.

Bailee is so much fun. She is such a girly girl! Can't figure out where that came from. We all know she didn't get it from me. Though she loves being outside, riding her horse, and even getting dirty. Especially if she can do all of that in her princess dress. Last night she was shocked that I know how to saddle a horse. She made me tell her step by step how to do it, and when I was finished she said "You are right! That's exactly how you do it." Funny.

In case you're worried that her birthday isn't planned yet, have no fear. As all good hostess's know, you must plan at least 6 months in advance. She's already given me the details and would like to start on her invites now. So save the date. Funny girl! Bailee loves dance, but wouldn't go this week because she and McKinley were fighting last week. I hope she gets over that, and doesn't let it stop her from doing what she loves. She's too smart for her own good and keeps me on my toes. Love it.

Luke went on his first scout trip as a leader last night. They were cross country skiing into camp, spending the night, playing in the snow, and coming home this evening. He didn't enjoy those activities the first time around, so I'm anxious to hear the report when he gets home. I hope he stayed warm enough and was able to sleep last night.

Well its snack time and nap time for Maddox, and I should probably wake Bailee up and feed her some breakfast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maddox is really growing and so cute. What a wonderful blessing

Trina Webster said...

careful with losing cameras james likes to run them over with tow trucks.