Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We interupt the silence with an update....

...with no pictures. I can't find the cord for my camera. But I do know where the camera is, so at least I'm getting somewhere.

Luke said I couldn't start anymore projects until I finish the office/scrap room. Maybe I should back up.

A long while ago I had this great idea to turn the small downstairs bedroom into an office/scrap room. Since it was empty, I thought it was the prime time for a makeover. I began by peeling off wallpaper that has been on the walls for a really long time. It started pretty easily, then I realized that the adhesive/paper backing was not coming off. I tried a lot of different things, including a power sander, and just was not getting it off. With the holidays approaching, I wanted the scrap stuff out of the family room and the mess cleaned up. So what else could I do but move it into my unfinished room? You would have done the same, right? So I loaded up the unfinished office and pretended that I didn't care what the walls looked like. If that had been true, I would have spent more time in here. Wait, maybe it was a good thing after all. Hmmm.

There are a few other projects that I want to do. Mostly, a furniture make over. (sanding and painting my wood furniture up stairs, and re-covering the cushions.) and a kitchen make over (painting the walls, cabinets, and doing something with the counter tops/back splash). Luke has been pretty adamant that I'm not starting another project while I have a half finished room. He doesn't insist on very many things, so I'll give him this one.

Last week I cleared out the room and began painting. I just, minutes ago, finished the painting. Now I just need it to dry so I can fill the room up again. Maybe I'll actually find some time/desire to pull out paper and pictures and re-kindle the love for my favorite hobby. I have two kids, do I get to have a hobby?

While Dad was here at Christmas time, he ran a phone line to the office and I moved the computer downstairs. LOVING this! Miraculously I am spending less time on the computer. I know, right? This is the reason that I can't find my camera cord though, it's out in the family room under the huge mess.

Christmas was so much fun! We had a full house, and I loved it! Bailee was SOOOOO excited about Santa this year, so that was fun. Though, I have to admit, I'm cursing Santa at this very moment. He brought Bailee what he thought was lip gloss. It turned out to be finger nail polish. Can he read? It didn't seem like a big deal though, until tonight when I discovered that dear sweet Bailee had painted nail polish on the back side of a LIBRARY MOVIE. That we've had in the house for less than 5 hours. UGHHHH! Needless to say, the nail polish went in the garbage and she's lost all DVD/CD privileges until further notice.

Maddox is doing pretty good. We just found out yesterday that he has bronchitis. YUCK! Poor little guy! We take him to Cardiology tomorrow for chest x-rays and such, so hopefully he looks/sounds a little better then. I just hope he's well enough to stay out of the hospital.

Anyways, as soon as I find some order in this chaos, I'll add some pics. There are some pretty cute ones!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Darn it! I'm so sorry that Maddox isn't feeling well. I hope he gets better soon. Madison has a cardiology appointment tomorrow as well. Maybe we will see you guys.. :) That will be fun. HOWEVER, we may keep our distance since Maddox is sick. If I see you, I will be sure to wave.
Take Care. (I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't have to be admitted.)

Chelsea said...

I can't wait to come visit you guys and see your new house! Sounds like it's been busy but I bet it looks amazing!

Glad you had a good Christmas.

Hope Maddox is feeling better soon...poor guy, man can't he get a break?!?!!