Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dad



My Dad passed away a week ago today on June 21, Father's Day. It has been a crazy week, a lot of serious reflection about him and his life. I have also thought a lot about the Gospel of Jesus Christ which make everything that happens in this life make a little bit of sense. The Gospel has given my family and I a lot of peace at this tough time.

As I think about my Dad and his life, I realize how grateful I am to have had a Dad who cared so much for me. He loved me and always reminded me of that. I spent many good hours with my Dad at sporting events, driving in cars, on trips, or just hanging out at the house. He was a great man who taught me a lot of things; love, service, sacrifice, endurance, how to be a father are only a few things to mention. I am sure I will reflect on my Dad's legacy a lot in the years to come. The memories and special moments together will help me always remember him, until I see him again.



4 comments:

LeMira said...

I'm assuming that Luke is the voice of this post since that picture is not one of Traci's dad. Anyway, my condolences to you and your family. Grieving is never easy.

Shari said...

Our condolences are with you as well. You have such a wonderful family and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Chelle! said...

Traci, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!

Anonymous said...

I love you Luke, Traci and Bailee. Thanks for your wonderful thoughts on Dad.