Saturday, May 2, 2009

Handy Man

The garbage disposal hasn't been working for the past week. Some glass got down in there and it got turned on before all the glass was out. The first suggestion was to take the disposal out and shake the glass loose. After working for HOURS trying to get the disposal off, we both got frustrated and went and did other things for awhile. Morgan called for something else and I asked him what he thought. He told us to use a Hex wrench and turn the blade backwards to loosen whatever was stuck. We ended up going to visit and borrowed their wrench. Once we got home and got the damage we had created reversed.....put the whole thing back together again.....it only took a few minutes and the disposal was working.

Luke gets a little frustrated because he doesn't feel like he can fix things. But he also doesn't give up. I get frustrated because I can't do it the first time. It feels good to actually fix something ourselves without calling someone to come and rescue us. I'm just glad that Luke's willing to try and work at it until we figure it out.

1 comment:

audreyspencer said...

Crazy, our garbage disposal had a piece of rubber stuck in it that flipped the reset button. Levi had to tear into it the other morning too!