It's been so long since I posted on here. It seems after Facebook I don't blog nearly as much as I used too. Kind of sad. :( We had an amazing trip to Walt Disney World thanks to Make-A-Wish and Give Kids the World. Incredible. I am overwhelmed at the generosity and kindness of so many people. With all the negative we see and hear, it's so nice to be reminded that the world still has a lot of really great people. I am posting all about our trip on the wish blog, so head over there to see pictures and the highlights.
Maddox is in the cath lab right now. He finally got in around 12:45. They are going to check out his heart and make sure everything's good for his surgery in two weeks, as well as get an idea of what to expect. This has been scheduled for so long, it's kind of hard to believe it's finally here. I am definitely ready to be post-fontan and have many years before transplant. I will always try and take it one day at a time though.
It's really strange to be here at PCMC again. It's so familiar and yet there are many changes that have happened since our last stay. We walked up and down the hall between pre-surgery check in and CICU for quite awhile this morning, and just being there brings so many feelings and emotions. There is so much peace and hope in these halls. There is so much strength and bravery. So despite knowing that these rooms are filled with very sick children and very worried parents, there is a spirit here that I haven't quite felt anywhere else.
There are two sweet little ones here right now that I get the privilege of meeting. Both are very sick, but still smiling for the moment. I am grateful our little ones don't seem to know how sick they are and are able to be strong through these crazy times. I am also really grateful for the love and support we receive from our family, friends, and our heart family. It helps keep everything in perspective.
Maddox 'should' be finished in the next hour, so I'll update more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment