Saturday, August 14, 2010

6 Years ago today....

So today's our anniversary. Wow, 6 years has gone by fast! Though it's hard to remember life before Luke. I'm not sure what I ever did without him! We spent last night and today at a family 'heart' camp. It was really a cool thing for us. I enjoy being around other parents who are facing similar issues with their children and who understand more fully what we are dealing with. It still kind of shocks me to speak and understand this new 'heart' language, but at least when one of the other 'heart' parents ask you about your child they don't have blank looks on their faces as you spout off defects, surgeries, etc. Bailee has been looking forward to this for weeks, and was not disappointed. But I got off topic, again. I'll post more on that another time.

So this may not have been the 'ideal' place to spend our anniversary BUT we have been making other plans for months. In September we are going to see Brad Paisley in concert. SO excited!! Ironically (or not) last year for our 5th anniversary (which we celebrated 2 days after bringing Maddox home from the hospital, the first time) Luke gave me this cd. Which I LOVE. 2 days later we had Maddox back in the hospital with a serious infection. I listened to this CD as I was driving up to PCMC and cried as I heard the song "Anything Like Me".

Anyways, we both really love this song and it rings so true. Every day and every experience brings more love into our life. I know it'll just keep getting better. Love you Luke!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very awesome. Love you guys

Thera said...

Happy Anniversary! Time really goes by way to fast. Love ya!

Lisa Willden said...

Happy Anniversary, I can't believe it's been 6 years.

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Happy Anniversary! We're coming up on 6 too- can't believe it!