Kids crack me up. I babysit a cute 5 year old boy in the mornings before school. Sometimes he and Bailee have the funniest conversations. Awhile back one of them went like this:
Bailee: "Moses, am I beautiful?"
Moses: "No."
Bailee: "Yes I am."
Bailee: "Moses, am I beautiful?"
Moses: "No."
Bailee: "MOM! Moses said I'm not beautiful and I am!"
Being 2, Bailee hasn't mastered the art of tact. If she see's Grandma B. without her hair done, she says "Grandma, I don't like that kind of hair." I've tried to explain that it's not nice to say something like that, in doing so, I tried the following example:
Mom: "Bailee, what if someone told you they didn't like your hair?"
Bailee: "But you do like my hair, it's beautiful."
Mom: "But what if someone else doesn't like it. Wouldn't that make you sad?"
Bailee: "No. It's beautiful."
On the plus side, when Grandma emerges with her hair dried and styled, Bailee says "Grandma it's beautiful!"
I've been feeling much better lately and have actually taken the time to work on some scrapbooking. Once I get back into the groove, it's hard to stop. I love playing with the supplies so much! I have so many layouts that are completely done and just need to be put in albums. Here's a little secret: I don't really want to have millions of books filled with layouts. A full album every year or two would be my choice. BUT, I love doing it so much that I scrapbook a ton of the pictures I take. Maybe the solution would be to scrapbook other peoples pictures, I could get my fix that way. So here's a few that I have pictures of today.
This cute birthday layout is our March Workshop. The paper is called "Stardust" and is so cute! It could be used for so many different themes, birthday, sports, little boys, beach...the possibilities are endless. This layout also uses Level 2 stickease, our new flexi-labels, ribbon, and of course some star and alphabet stamps.


This next layout is also of Bailee's 2nd birthday. The paper packet is "Notebook" and is easily one of my favorites. I love the contrasting look that the black gives. I've also used rub-ons, sparkles, paper flowers, buttons, and our Chocolate alphabet.
This was a fun one. The paper is called "Blue Ribbon" and was featured in last year's summer idea book. I used a technique called 'stamp kissing' to make the solid alphabet polk-a-dotted. Another secret? Those strawberries are actually Easter Egg stamps turned upside down and with a stem added.


This layout will be April's workshop. The paper is "Unforgettable", and I've also used Level 2 stickease, stamps, ribbon, and some new pewter foundry frames.


Cupcakes....yummy. I'm loving this new Cupcake Sprinkles stamp set. This was our February workshop. The paper is called "Daydream" and is really princess paradise--or Fancy Nancy. I thought it was great with the pictures of Bailee and McKinley dressing up in tiarras and boas. The cute wrapped candies were so easy to make! It's just a simple circle, stamped with a birthday candle stamp to make the stripes, and then cut some little trianles for the ends. Who comes up with these things?? Not usually me, but I'm happy to learn these tricks and use them in my own projects! What you can't see in the picture is the detail added with pearl paint. Now that stuff is yummy! You can use it white for a shimmery pearl look, or mix it with re-inker to create custom colored paint. I painted the cupcake top (under the title) and it really looks good enough to eat....topped with a few paper hole punched sprinkles.

5 comments:
Hi Traci... Cute blog pages! I looked at the family photos you have with Bailey in the tutu... SO Adorable!!! I can't believe how old she's looking! Congrats on being pregnant, I hope the pregnancy is going well:)
Your scrapbook pages are very cute.
Cute layouts! So do you know what your having yet?
I love it.
Your pages look so cute. I have lots of pictures that you can scrapbook for me any day! :)
Post a Comment