Sunday, January 11, 2009
Simplify and Enjoy
I've been thinking a lot about goals for the new year. What do I want to happen, where do I want to be, what do I want to accomplish?? I've written down my list and I really am going to work on them every day. I usually get discouraged when setting goals, because I feel like I'm setting my self up for disappointment. But I read a really, really simple statement recently and it finally hit me. In the October 2008 New Era and then again in the Brand New Year celebration video, Sister Elaine S. Dalton challenged the Youth to do 3 things. One of which was reading the Book of Mormon for 5 minutes per day, and then she said "If you miss a day, just start again." I don't know why, after all these years, that had never clicked. I always had the attitude that if I missed a day I hadn't met my goal and it was over. Duh! Just start again. So even though I've made a really good list of things to work on this year....and for life....I know that I'll slip up and it's ok because I can start again. After re-reading my list and thinking about the goals that I've set, I've also come to the conclusion that there are many areas of my life that I just need to simplify. I have a tendency to make things harder and more time consuming than they need to be. So at the top of my list I am writing the words "Simplify" and "EnJOY".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those sound like excellent goals. And good for me to hear too. This year I am trying to do my hair every day. Yes, this complicates my life but I think it's about time I learn to do it. Hope you are all wonderful.
I'm just barely checking up on blogs and I read yours-- and I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations you guys!!! Hope you feel okay Traci.
I just read that same article from the New Era. I loved it!!! I love making goals and I am excited to work on these 3 with the young women.
Yes, I totally agree with simply and enjoy. I hope to be able to do that also this year
Post a Comment